Astrological influences have been studied for hundreds of years. Whether you are familiar with astrology or not, there is much to be said about 2018. This year began with optimism; yet halfway through, the desire for freedom, independence, and individuality became evident in the collective conscious, making it a time for those who are globally oppressed to rise up and demand justice in a way that can’t be ignored by the powers that be. For everyone, such conflict involves letting go of the past and preparing for the new, moving beyond the feelings of: “Change is too difficult, and I want to hold onto the familiar.”
This is related to how Mars and Venus will be in battle during the year—Mars being the archetype for male dominant energy, while Venus embodies the feminine principle. Specifically, Mars in Aquarius will fight for humanitarian principles, while Venus in Scorpio will be advocating the need to take care of those close by. While protecting those who have been sexually or financially exploited, Venus will also support those who are burdened with addiction, mental instability, and end-of-life issues.
What is of relevance are those who have been sexually exploited—a topic that has taken over daily headlines in the newspapers and occupied the attention of countless people. An additional influence will be an expansion of awareness involving interest in and pursuit of healing through mystical approaches. Notably, shamanism will become more mainstream as interest in ancient healing practices, including plant medicine and altered sates of consciousness, emerges.
Specifically, each astrological sign has its own forecast:
- Aries: Settling into a comfortable relationship, even if with a dog or a pet
- Taurus: Perhaps a new career or different lifestyle will surface
- Gemini: New pursuits can be put into motion—such as going back to school, traveling, etc.
- Leo: The past several years’ focus prepared you for a new direction—perhaps a change in career
- Virgo: Knowing what works and doesn’t work for you, rely on your intuition and seek a deeper connection with your spirituality
- Libra: Be careful to not overspend and use caution about interest and debt
- Scorpio: This could be the year your dreams come true, including spiritual breakthroughs
- Sagittarius: Finding opportunities to bring yourself back to your core self of freedom and expression
- Capricorn: Now is a fortuitous time to listen to your inner voice and creative impulses
- Aquarius: Motivation and courage are available now as you make major changes
- Pisces: Allow yourself to let the old slip away; follow intuition and perhaps travel, create, and welcome romance
The above offers just a small glimpse. Having an astrological reading (from both Western and Vedic perspectives) can be extremely helpful, whether from a local astrologer or from an online site. Whatever experience(s) you have had regarding such readings (helpful or not) can be beneficial to others. As always, comments and recommendations are most appreciated!